Friday, March 9, 2012

Starting a blog

Well, here it is - my first blog post!  I am going to be using this blog to post my thoughts, ideas, and insights about my future classroom, especially regarding the incorporation of technology in efficient ways.  This blog is beginning as a class assignment for LRC 320, a course called Teaching with New Technologies.  So far, we have created a Powerpoint presentation, a website, and a video about the "do's" and "do not's" of using technology in the classroom.

So, here's what I've learned so far:
  • Learning in an online environment requires different skills than traditional learning environments
  • Communicating solely online requires that you pay more attention to the way your emails, etc. are perceived
  • How to create and maintain a website
  • How to work with a group online
  • How to create and maintain a blog (yes!)
But, I must humbly report that I have much more to learn.  Here's what I hope to get out of the rest of this course:
  • A greater understanding of how to make my website more professional
  • Gain a purpose for my website and blog
  • Feel confident using technology for classroom purposes
  • Learn to use technology in a way that will benefit students
To the other students in this class - what was the most important thing you have learned so far?  To any current teachers out there - what has been the most useful technology you have used in the classroom?  Please leave a comment if you have one!

No comments:

Post a Comment